With the new school year, we are again revisiting our norms, vision, and goals from last year to update for this school year.
Smart Goals for 2008-2009
1. By the end of 2008-2009 school year, the library media specialists will integrate 21st Century Skills into 50% of the lessons collaborated.
Initiatives: Training for teachers
New knowledge of 2.0 tools
2. By the end of 2008-2009 school year, the library media specialists will develop and implement assessment for learning strategies for the library curriculum and reading assessment indicators for 50% of the school population in communication arts, social studies, and science courses.
Create database of 9th & 10th grade students with indicators
Use the database as AFL tool
3. By the end of 2008-2009 school year, 80% of students will indicate that they have a greater appreciation of literature.
Funds provided for literature
Web page promotion of books
Involve Johnson County Public Library
Podcast/Vodcast – BV West Reads
4. By the end of 2008-2009 school year, 50% of students utilizing the library will have completed a rigorous research project and utilize specific reading strategies.
Rigorous – research not reports
Utilize and further enhance Essential Question Guide
Collaborate with classroom teachers
Utilize various databases (ProQuest, Gale, Ebsco, etc.)
Integrate technology effectively to further enhance engaging projects
5. By the end of 2010-2011 school year, all parents/community members will have greater awareness of library resources provided to the BV West community.
Ideas for how to make these better are always appreciated. Thanks!